Nearly every shop in New Zealand uses EFTPOS (Electronic Funds Transfer Point Of Sale). The majority of these shops will have only one Eftpos terminal installed and yet the majority of customer transactions (often 70 - 90% of turnover) will be conducted on only one terminal. The significance here is that when there is a breakdown in hardware that cannot be resolved via a telephone call but requires the equipment to be swapped-out, the shop trader (merchant) often must wait until the following business day for the replacement equipment to arrive by courier. This can mean between 24 hours and up to 90 hours (breakdown 5.00 pm Friday, delivery Tuesday). In such circumstances the merchant will often experience a heavy loss in sales revenue (most Merchants trade 7 days a week but couriers do pick-ups only 5 days).
When I became an Eftpos installer in 2009, this standard of Eftpos support was commonly used (and still is by the big Eftpos providers) and I quickly realised that nothing would ever match fast local service that went all the way to the shop counter. To give the best possible service to Eftpos users, I started Hamilton Eftpos. From just one customer in 2014 we have now (2019) completed our 460th Eftpos installation in Hamilton. Our daily practice is caring service putting the shop/business owner high priority and using only the very highest quality in both Eftpos and POS equipment.
When a business in Hamilton has suffered an Eftpos hardware breakdown and requires hardware replacement, we can replace the unit and have the business trading again in about 60 minutes. This is the major point of difference between us and most other Eftpos terminal providers (24 to 90 hours by courier).
Five things to know about Hamilton Eftpos Ltd:
- Hamilton based company that provides personal service to the site of trade in Hamilton and Waikato townships.
- Absolutely no charge for driving to your site when you need help if you are a rental customer. This includes after hours to 10pm and also Saturday and Sunday. I repeat: strictly no charge for service on-site and this includes Sunday and Public Holidays.
- Service is rapid. Guarantee of 60 min to site in Hamilton (usually achieved in 25 to 35 minutes. Guarantee of 2 hours for Waikato townships but usually 60 minutes is achievable to Huntly, Morrinsville and Te Awamutu.
- Only the latest and also Top-of the-Range hardware is installed. All hardware is expertly installed so enhancing your counter service area and positively adding to your customers' payment experience. Again, all installation, regardless of time spent on set-up is at no charge!
- Lowest priced consumables in Waikato are available to our loyal customers.
We are both an authorised Verifone Reseller and a Paymark Accredited Reseller.
Now in 2019 we are introducing 2 x new high-performance models of POS custom designed for:
- Bar/Restaurant businesses.
Hamilton Eftpos Ltd